Saturday, October 28, 2006

Third time is the charm

So I tried the hat on Alex last night. It was too small. I think I must have been smoking crack when I came up with the number of stitches the first time and then the second time I added on based on the first number of stitches. This time I have totally redone the math. I am casting on 53 stitches instead of the 35 (!) the first time and the 42 the second time. Yes, I'm sure you all know now that I haven't a clue as to what I am doing.

I told my hubby last night that if it didn't fit this time I was going to stuff it, sew up the end and call it a softie. : )

I'm a little overwhelmed today. The house is a disaster. Almost every dish in the house is dirty. There are at least four loads of laundry to do. Various preparations for a Halloween party tonight and a birthday party tomorrow. The dog is out of food and has been living on dog biscuits for the last day and a half. Did I mention the bills? Argh.

No comments: