Monday, October 02, 2006

Subconjunctival hemorrhage

After taking my shower this morning, I looked in the mirror and said WTF is that?! The top half of my left eye looks like it is awash in blood. Apparently a little blood vessel broke just under the surface of the white of the eye. It may change colors like a bruise and last as long as 10-14 days. It doesn't really hurt, it just aches a little. And it looks awful!

I finally got started on the Month of Softies doll face. It is coming along quite nicely. I didn't remember to take into account the stuffing though, so her features will be a bit off, but that is ok.

I'm pondering the next project from Month of Softies. It has to be black and white and orange, but other than that it can be any kind of softie. Hmmm.

A couple of weekends ago we went to Elliot Bay Bookstore. They were having readings of banned books and they had some tables of banned books in different parts of the store. I picked up a copy of Fahrenheit 451, something I've often thought of reading but never got around to doing so. If I hadn't read that it was written in the early 50's, I would never have thought it was an older book. Here is an interesting tidbit, a short run of the first edition was bound in asbestos. I think I will need to re-read it to really absorb it. I was reading in a candy-book/escapist sort of way.

I'm also reading Positive Discipline, Positive Discipline for Preschoolers and The Brothers Grimm Complete Fairy Tales.

No comments: