Thursday, February 08, 2007

Nameless post

There is a story that Fiona has that has a witch in it called Louhi and at one point she shakes the nameless finger at someone and it is the most powerful finger. I don't know which finger it is though, the picture isn't very clear.

This is a post for the sake of posting, with no particular intent involved. (What a strange choice of words. I can be kind of weird at times. The word weird, always looks misspelled to me.) I had some free time today and I went to my LYS. I wandered for over an hour. I walked out with only five ounces of merino roving. That's not too bad, especially since I was able to use a gift certificate for it.

On reading Elsewhere this evening, I decided to take the Jane Austen Heroine Quiz.

I am Anne Elliot!


Take the Quiz here!




It has been a while since I have read Persuasion, so I honestly can't say if this is good or bad.

I'm finding it much harder now that I am home to keep up with all of the blogs I used to look in on everyday.

The scarf that I am working on is, after a fashion, a prayer scarf. The funny thing is that whenever I try to knit it while chatting, or watching a movie, I always make a mistake. My subconscious is probably trying to tell me to pay attention to what my initial intention was with this scarf, to focus on it and pour love and hope into it.

5 comments:

Tuulia said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! I am very proud of my mittens. I designed them based on some themes found in fragments of Egyptian socks that are 500-800 years old. If you want the chart, it is free and if you email me, I can send it to you. I just decided not to publish it, since it's merely a chart. You'll find my email address in my profile :)

Pikku- Kettu said...

Hey! Louhi is a Finnish witch! And we call the ring finger "nameless" so there you have it!

This is a day of coincidences. I just read, or rather listened to, Persuasion. I think it's one of the best Jane Austen books, and I think I like Anne even more than Elizabeth. I took the test and ended up being Elinor Dashwood (how boring am I?). :)

sara said...

I was Elizabeth Bennet, but remember nothing of Pride and Prejudice, so I have no idea whether that is good or bad!

Can't wait to see your prayer scarf!

Unknown said...

Hi Evelyn, I just opened the sond coffee, yummy! :-)Thank you again.

I was Elizabeth Bennett, no real surprise to me, as I identify with the character quite strongly, and am addicted to Pride and Prejudice.

Jackie said...

I'm Elinor Dashwood. I always liked her. But I'm sure that I could never live up to her example.