Friday, October 27, 2006

My Friday WIP update

I am to the point in Alex's hat where I should start the decreases. The last time I knitted I was talking to someone about something and ended up purling a row, where I should have knit it. I took that apart last night, put it back on the needles, but I wasn't sure which way the stitches should go on the needle. I knit half way across and thought, geez this is so tight, I looked and could see that the stitches were all twisted and then I noticed that I had dropped the second to last (or first depending on how you look at it) stitch, so I had to undo what I had done, take it all off, turn the stitches around and pick up the dropped stitch. Whew. Now I am worried that it is still too small. The yarn I am working with is beautiful, but it is a bit stiff. I think I want to try it on him before I start the decreases and the finishing, just in case. Third times the charm, so they say.

I so want to start on my scarf. I just can't wait to sit down in the quiet of the evening and wind the hank into a ball by hand, just getting to caress the wool, a promise of the scarf to come.

I also have something that I am working on as a present for someone, so I can't say much about it, but I am excited about it. It is small, but it is also a first attempt at a new craft. I am doing something to a one of a kind thing, so I think I will do some practice pieces first.

I had an idea for placemats the other day. I saw this tutorial on leaf printing fabric. I was thinking of taking 16" x 20" pieces of felt in a pumpkin color, doing leaf prints in bright yellow, red and green or brown and then running some rick rack about an inch in from the edge on all four sides.

I really like this hat. I love how it comes together at the back. Maybe someday.

When I told Fiona that I was going to knit her a pair of socks she was very excited. She told me I should also knit her a pair of mittens, a scarf and a hat (she doesn't really like the Silly Cute hat, I don't know why). She also saw a little wool bear I had made for someone else and she wants me to make one for her.

My bulbs aren't in the ground yet. Soon. Maybe this weekend if I am lucky.

No comments: