Sunday, June 08, 2008

One Local Summer

My family and I are participating in One Local Summer. It is a commitment to eat one entirely local meal every week throughout the summer.

For our first meal we had a goat cheese and sorrel omelet with raw spinach. The eggs came from Yelm, which is 74 miles away. The goat cheese came from Bainbridge Island, about 20 miles away. The sorrel and the spinach came from our garden. The only non-local ingredient was butter. I haven't found an organic local source yet.

Next time I will take pictures.

2 comments:

Elsewhere007 said...

goodness. I'd probably have to eat a roo tail if I participated.

craftydabbler said...

When I was in high school, eons ago, there was a rumor that a hamburger chain restaurant was adulterating their beef patties with kangaroo. If it was true I never noticed the difference. : )