Saturday, January 12, 2008

A little dab of Martha

I ironed some of my cotton napkins tonight. It took a couple of tries to figure out a trick to ironing them and not having them out of square. If I ironed the whole napkin and then folded it to press it again the sides never lined up because the shape of the cloth had been altered. So I tried just pressing the edges so they weren't rolled up and then folding the napkin in half and smoothing it with my hand so that when I pressed them they would be in a nice rectangular shape with all the edges lined up. Aren't I clever? No, it's just that I have never learned the proper way to iron things, probably because one hardly needs to iron anything now. As I was putting everything away I told my husband that I really like my iron (a newish Rowenta), but that if I had to use it everyday I probably wouldn't like it as much.

No comments: