Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Posting under the influence

Here is the fourth try at the knitted lace ball that I am making for the ornament swap over at Knit the Classics. I found the pattern here. I was going to do the fancy ball with the mexican lace insert, but like I said this is my fourth try and I have to rip it out. I will try the basic version. Reading lace and short rows in the yarn is hard for me at this point. I don't have enough experience yet to tell where I have made a mistake.




Here are the two finished face cloths. The bottom one is missing the yarn over holes on the decrease. I was going to rip it out, but I decided that I don't mind that it is quirky. The recipient probably won't care either. The green is bound to be two more face clothes for another person. I will wrap them up with a few other yummy bathroom goodies.

The reason I title the post "Posting under the influence" is that I have had a nasty cough for a week and a half. I went to the doctor a few days ago and was given a medication (guaifenesin, an expectorant) that I have had in the past. Yesterday I started itching. Today I broke out in tiny hives all over my arms and legs. So now I am on two different medications that make me sleepy. The doctor said I should stay home for a day or two so I can get well. I can't even tell you how many days of work I have missed lately because I've been sick, or Fiona has been sick. I am a little afraid that this might push my boss over the brink and I might lose my job. Sigh.

No comments: